Membership Terms Conditions
1. Your membership benefits apply across all LED facilities.
2. All activities are subject to availability and LED reserve the right to cancel, amend, suspend or withdraw classes and / or activities at any time.
3. Membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
4. Facilities may become unavailable, e.g. due to adverse weather or planned maintenance etc. This will be advertised prior to closure where possible, and you will be encouraged to use our alternative facilities. Refunds will not be made unless the closure exceeds a two-week period.
5. If you are receiving a membership concession, you will need to validate this every six months by providing evidence of continued entitlement as follows:
5.1. Students NUS card or written confirmation that you are in full time education.
5.2. PTL (Passport To Leisure) that you or your household is in receipt of any of the following benefits: Employment & Support Allowance (Income related), NHS Free Prescription (PPA), Housing Benefit, Guaranteed Pension Credit, Council Tax support/reduction, Income related Universal Credit, Free school meals.
6. Membership cards must be produced and swiped whenever you wish to use LED facilities.
7. LED reserves the right to refuse application for membership, or to withdraw memberships if terms and conditions are contravened.
8. LED reserves the right to cancel this agreement at any time with one months written notice.
9. All correspondence regarding your membership should be in writing and sent to: Membership Accounts Manager, LED Leisure Management Ltd, Unit 16a, Woodbury Business Park, Woodbury, Exeter, Devon, EX5 1AY or emailed to email@example.com
Direct Debit Membership
10. The Direct Debit agreement is a legally binding contract between you and LED Leisure Management LTD. It represents a commitment by you to remain a member for at least the minimum term and pay all membership fees due.
11. A joining fee is payable when taking out a membership. If you cancel and wish to re-join at a later date, you will be required to pay the fee again.
12. Proof of identity / online validation will be required when setting up a Direct Debit.
13. All loyalty Direct Debit memberships are for a minimum twelve month contract period.
14. LED will allow you to change to a new loyalty Direct Debit membership within the minimum term agreement. A new signed agreement will be required and a new twelve month minimum term will apply.
Being a member
15. A £12.50 charge will be made for all failed Direct Debit collections.
16. Failure to pay all applicable charges will result in debt recovery actions being invoked.
17. Memberships will only be suspended on proven medical grounds, or at the discretion of the Membership Accounts Manager. Suspensions must be for full months. Only one suspension is permitted within any twelve month period. The Direct Debit must not be cancelled during your suspension, as payments will need to re-start on your return to active membership.
18. Notice of Cancellations must be in writing to the Membership Account Manager (see point 9 for details).
19. The earliest cancellation date will be the end of the payment period in which the twelve-month term expires.
20. All memberships will run to the last day of the month.
21. At least one months notice of cancellation must be given, and you must not cancel the Direct Debit instruction until this notice period has expired. It is your responsibility to ensure you have given LED effective notice, which will be acknowledged in writing by LEDs Membership Account Manager. All payments due within the notice period must be made.
Attendance and Fair Usage Policy
22. LED reserves the right to levy an additional fee should a member fail to attend any class reservation they have made. This fee will be at the standard price applicable for the class.
23. When booked into a class or activity, you must arrive for the advertised start time, otherwise you may lose your place.
24. Notice of cancellation must be at least 24 hours prior to the booking. Late cancellation of any activity will result in the retaining of fees paid.
25. Members who fail to attend on three occasions within a 30 day period will lose their eight day booking privileges. However, the non member seven day booking would still be available.
26. Members should read and agree to the Health Commitment Statement prior to taking part in activities at LED facilities.