LED Coronavirus Updates
LED Community Leisure
Notice to Members - Outdoor Tennis Facilities
Further to the recent government announcement about the easing of lockdown guidelines relating to outdoor exercise, the LED Community Leisure Team have been busy working on safe procedures.
We are now very pleased to be able to advise that our outdoor tennis courts at Phear Park, Exmouth; Seafield Gardens, Seaton; and Coburg Fields, Sidmouth, will all be available to LED Unlimited and Tennis Members to book from Wednesday 20th May.
You and a family member or friend can enjoy the fresh outdoors and get your daily exercise at the same time. And if you are all from the same household, four people can play doubles.
As a charitable trust currently receiving significantly reduced income, the cost per court is £10 to cover the costs incurred; bookings must be made by telephone. However, for those members who have pledged their support to LED by continuing their monthly memberships, there is no charge.
Bookings can be made a day in advance during office hours, 9.00am-4.00pm Monday to Friday, by calling the booking line: 01395 223355. So, if you wish to play at the weekend or indeed on a Monday morning please make sure you call on the Friday before at the latest. Courts can be booked between 9.00am-7.00pm at Phear Park and 9.30am-4.30pm at Seafield Gardens and Coburg Fields.
To find out more details about booking a court, click on the image below…
Game, set & match!
The only thing now is to hope the good old British weather stays fair, so you can enjoy some outdoor fitness fun on our tennis courts. The one thing we cannot plan for!
Outdoor tennis courts can be booked by LED Unlimited and Tennis members ONLY.
Tennis courts will be open at:
Phear Park (Exmouth) Mon – Sun 09.00 -19.00 Open from Mon 18 May
Coburg Gardens (Sidmouth) Mon – Sun 09.30 -16.30 Open from Wed 20 May
Seafield Gardens (Seaton) Mon – Sun 09.30 -16.30 Open from Wed 20 May
As per Government guidelines, social distancing guidelines must be adhered to at all times.
- Only 2 people per court (i.e. singles) is permitted unless all players are from the same household when doubles can be played.
- Members who are continuing to pay for their membership will not be charged
- Court cost £10.00 per court per hour payable at the time of making the booking
- LED members can book courts Tuesday to Friday a day in advance by phone (01395 223355)
- Between 9.00am and 4.00pm. Saturday to Monday courts can be booked on Fridays between 9.00am and 4.00pm by phone (01395 223355)
- Court bookings are for one hour and members may book a maximum of one hour per day.
- Players are requested to arrive at the time of their booking and leave promptly when their booking time is finished, leaving the courts before the next players arrive.
- Any children under 8 must be supervised at all times by a responsible adult (where possible one adult should supervise 2 children); the supervising adult must be present and spectate from outside the court area, adhering to social distancing at all times.
- There will be no equipment on the courts (i.e. chairs, including net winders); nets will be set to the correct height at the beginning of the day. Please do not attempt to adjust the nets.
- Players will be requested to ensure they take all their belongings (including empty water bottles) with them at the end of their session.
- Players must ensure they read, understand, and adhere to the conditions of use.Failure to do so will result in booking privileges being withdrawn.