LED Reopening Updates
Following on from the great news that we were able to re-open the dry-side of our leisure centres from Saturday 25th July, we are now able to update you about the swimming pools at Exmouth Leisure Centre, Honiton Leisure Centre and Sidmouth Swimming Pool, as well as updating you about Aqua and Toning memberships.
We are delighted to announce that, thanks to the funding and support of East Devon District Council, we are able to open the pools at Exmouth Leisure Centre and Sidmouth Pool on Saturday 1st August.
As well as lane swimming in suitably distanced wider lanes, Aquafit and family swimming sessions will also be returning. Please check individual centre timetables for exact details. Children’s swimming lessons are not able to return at this first stage of re-opening – as a result Under 16 Unlimited membership will remain suspended.
The following centres remain closed:
Activities which will not be available on re-opening until further notice:
- Swimming Pools at Goldenstones Leisure Centre and Wincanton Sports Centre are set to remain closed until at least September, subject to review. Please see statement from South Somerset District Council here - Statement
- The Swimming Pool at Honiton Leisure Centre as essential maintenance work is required following a survey of the facility.
- The Wellness Hub at Exmouth Leisure Centre
- The Vertexe Climbing Wall at Exmouth Leisure Centre
- Close contacts sports and activities such as MMA, Judo & Karate
Ensuring our Centres are as safe as possible for your return
An extensive range of additional precautionary measures have been put in place to ensure your health and safety at this unprecedented time. We want to reassure our members and customers, that looking after you, along with our staff, is our number one priority. These additional health and safety measures include:
- Reduced duration of classes & earlier closing times to allow for additional cleaning
- Cashless reception areas for “Pay on the Day” users with payments preferred via debit/credit card
- One-way routes both in and out of our centres
- Social distancing guidance at all centres – we will be maintaining a 2 metre gap.
- Hand sanitisers located throughout centres for use
- Bringing your own water – water fountains will not be available for use apart from dispensers where you are able to fill your own bottles
- Using the disposable paper towels available to wipe down equipment – please do not bring your own towels with you
- Please do not bring any bags or personal belongings with you
- Changing rooms will not be in use for the time being
- Some toilet facilities will be available with enhanced cleaning procedures
- Given the reduced capacity we are asking members and customers to limit their attendance to a “Fair User Policy” of a maximum of 3 visits per week in the short term.
Read our full centre safety plans here:
- Gym sessions, swim sessions, exercise classes and sports will need to be pre-booked. You can do this by using downloading the LED App. Or you can book using the timetables on our Activities pages or by calling a centre.
- After the initial couple of days, normal booking privileges of 8 days will apply for members.
- Please contact our membership team if you don’t have your membership number and PIN by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Given the reduced capacities and need for all activities to be pre-booked, we would like to introduce a “Fair Usage Policy” whereby members and customers limit their attendance in the short term to no more than three bookings per week.
Please read the Centre Safety information before attending a session:
All members wishing to return to the centres according to the above re-opening schedule will need to OPT BACK IN to reactivate their membership. This can be done by emailing the LED Community Leisure Memberships team at the following email address:
Include “Reactivate My Membership” as the subject title, and your full name in the body of the email.Please do not email unless you wish to opt back in and reactivate your membership.
We will then ‘unfreeze’ memberships for those who opt-back in and reactivate, so that these members are able to book pool-based activities from Wednesday 29th July via mobile app or website; and from 10am on Wednesday 20th July for telephone bookings by calling the appropriate centre during their opening hours (see above boxes for centre telephone numbers).
As with other memberships, we are asking Aqua members to reactivate rather than simply ‘un-suspending’ memberships, because we appreciate that there will be some who are in “at risk” groups still shielding, and others who may not feel ready to return to our leisure centres just yet.
For these members not ready to return, their membership remains suspended, no payments will be taken and no action is required.
All those Aqua members who very kindly supported us by pledging their support and continuing to pay their monthly membership during the COVID-19 crisis and period of closure are already active(having opted back in during the period of closure) and will be able to make bookings from Wednesday 29th July. If you are one of the supporting pledgers with a query about this, please contact the LED Community Leisure by email: email@example.com
A further email will follow shortly after this initial re-opening phase to advise details regarding payment holiday options for those members who very kindly supported LED Community Leisure by continuing to pay monthly memberships through the facilities closure period. Their support has been very much appreciated and has helped LED come through this difficult period ready to reopen, whilst many other operators are having to keep their facilities closed.
For those Aqua Annual Memberships that expired during the period of closure caused by the Covid-19 crisis, your annual membership will be automatically extended by the corresponding period that you were unable to benefit from using your membership.
Any Adult Unlimited members who have already reactivated their membership will automatically be able to book any of the available pool activities. Under 16 Unlimited* members will remain suspended because we are unable to restart swimming lessons just yet. Similarly, Toning Memberships** remain frozen because the Wellness Hub at Exmouth Leisure Centre is not yet able to re-open.
*Any Under 16 Unlimited members who wish to use the gym with an adult, and are not regular pool users, do have the option to unsuspend and reactivate, or use on a ‘Pay on the Day’ basis
**Any Toning members who wish to use the swimming pool have the option to unsuspend and reactivate, or use the pool on a “Pay on the Day” basis.
If you have any other membership queries please contact the Membership Team by emailing:firstname.lastname@example.org
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the majority of our LED Community Leisure centres!