Guest Blog By Romy Phelps.
I can think of hundreds of reasons to visit our fantastic Café Bar, ‘Posh at the Seaside,’ but for now, here is my Top 10:
1. The first one is easy, because it happens to be my personal favourite. Cheese Scones and Bacon! Baked freshly each day by Mike, our lovely chef, our scones are arguably the largest in Exmouth! Served with delicious sizzling bacon and lashings of butter, it’s a perfect Brunch snack! (We sell fruit scones too, but more of that later!)
2. Even though I don’t have kids myself, I know how important it is for parents to have somewhere comfortable to go. We have a kids menu, high chairs, and a Kids Corner Colouring Station to keep them occupied while you stay! In the warmer months they can have a run around in our beautiful gardens while you relax with an ice cold Annings Fruit Cider on the patio!
3. Did you know that every Monday, Wednesday and Friday we offer senior citizens a meal for just £5 each! This has proved extremely popular and is excellent value for money. Try the Vegetarian Lasagne, it’s delicious!
4. Number 4 embodies everything Seaside… Fish and Chips! It doesn’t matter if you’re on holiday or a local, there is just something obligatory about having Fish and Chips for lunch when you’re by the sea! Freshly battered and served with our famous chunky chips, it’s a firm café favourite.
5. Our café is in a wonderful location with a prime spot on the seafront! We have terrific sea views and a lovely garden outlook. The gardeners do a fantastic job so there is always something pretty to look at! Even in the winter months, nothing beats sitting with a nice hot latte looking at all the waves crashing!
6. If you are looking to start the day in the best possible way, look no further than our Full English Breakfast… Served daily and packed full of tasty breakfast items, with a tea or filter coffee included, you can’t go wrong. (We cater for veggies too…) Oh and if you've got a 4 legged friend, they can come too, but you must both eat in our seated foyer area or on the patio if it's a sunny day!
7. Of course, the most important part of any café is the coffee! (Well, being a coffee addict it is for me at least!!) We are proud to serve the delicious Espresso Milan Blend from Hawkins Coffee. I challenge you to resist choosing one of our amazing cakes to accompany your cappuccino…
Trust me it’s very hard to resist! If coffee isn’t your thing, you can of course select one of our many tea varieties.
8. The Pavilion café boasts something unique: FREE seafront parking! Just register your car at our reception desk and stay for as long as you are using the café, and the best part is that it’s absolutely free! So if the rain is pouring or the temperature has dropped, why not hop in your car and come and visit us… it couldn’t be easier and we would love to see you!
9. Did you know that if you are coming to see a show at the Pavilion you can book a table in our café to have a pre-show meal? Give us a call (our number can be found on the homepage) and we will book you in and advise you of the best time to arrive so you can be sure to finish in good time for the start of the show. What’s more, all pre booked tables will receive a 10% discount on food. The bar has some lovely wine to choose from so you can really make a night of it!
10. Two words… Cream Tea! Jam and then cream, cream and then jam? We don’t really care to be honest, just pile it on and eat it!!