Participation Statement at Exmouth Leisure Centre
Scale. Grip. Scramble
LED's Exmouth Leisure Centre brings you VertExe Climbing Walls - interactive and challenging climbs that take being active to new dizzy heights!
To keep things ticking over well, please make sure you take a read before you climb
You should be in good health to participate in physical activity and participate in accordance with these rules. It is important that children adhere to these safety rules to ensure they get the most out of there session. Climbing is not recommended for guests that have neck or back problems, heart problems or have had recent surgery. If you are pregnant you should consider your physical condition and limitations before deciding to participate. If you encounter any problems or have any pre-existing relevant medical conditions (physical or mental) that you feel would affect their climbing ability please declare these on the consent to climb and discuss these with a member of LED VertExe staff
Rules of the Wall
- Participants must arrive in time for the safety brief. We can not accommodate late arrivals.
- Participants must be a minimum of 4 years old.
- Parents/Guardians remain responsible for their child’s welfare at all times and must sign consent to climb form.
- Climber max weight is 150 kgs / 23 Stone Min Weight 10kgs
- No heals, no flip-flops, crocs or open toe shoes. Ensure shoe laces are tied
- No jewelry to be worn
- Long hair must be tied back
- No chewing gum, food or drinks allowed in the climbing area
- Pregnant women aren’t permitted to climb after week 16 of pregnancy. Before this they must wear a full body harness.
- attend Safety Briefing before climbing
- have harness checked by Staff before climbing
- be clipped to the safety line by a member of trained staff before climbing
- follow any safety instructions as directed LED VertExe staff
Participants must never
- hold onto or pull down on the safety line whilst climbing
- bounce out from the wall during descent
- walk on orange triangle mats
- run in the climbing area