Personal Training at Axminster Leisure Centre
Motivate. Push. Test
All of LED's ten gyms offer personal training to give you that little bit extra just when you need it
Don't forget we offer a range of options for you!
- 1:1 sessions, workout with a friend or as a group of 6
- Buy a block of 5 and receive a 6th session free!
- Prices start from just £16.50
- Sessions are available for 30 or 60 minutes
I am Axminster’s health and fitness team leader and Sport and exercise has always been a massive part of my life. My first interest was in team sports, when I started playing Rugby, Football and Cricket for local teams and instantly loved it. I then started to train myself to try and improve my performance, mainly looking at cardiovascular work and muscular endurance. At 15, I competed in the regional cross country championships and began to base my training around this. I have been working in the leisure industry for 4 years, in which time I have thoroughly enjoyed helping people to achieve their own personal goals whatever they may be, showing great interest in all areas of fitness from sports specific to bodybuilding. You enjoying your training sessions is my top priority!
-Level 3 Diploma In Personal Training
-Level 3 Diploma In Sport (development, coaching and fitness)
-Level 3 GP referral instructor
-Nutrition and weight management advisor
-Level 2 Fitness Instructor
-Level 2 Instructing Children’s Fitness
-Functional Fitness Instructor
-Suspension Training Instructor
-Core strength training instructor
-First aid at Work
Hello, I am Vanessa and I am the Health Referral Lead at Seaton and Axminster.
I have worked within Leisure East Devon leisure centres for 30 years.
I have always been active from a youngster; I love my dancing and my musical theatre singing and acting
Since I was young on the local stages. I believe physical activity and Exercise is good for the Mind, body and soul. You can improve what ever age you are. I have worked with so many Clients of all ages and abilities. I believe any goal is achievable if you are prepared to work for it.
Education and Motivation are the key and that’s what I am here for.
- ETM, Gym & Circuits L2 RSA
- Future Fit Advanced Personal Trainer L3
- Advanced Postural Stability Exercise Instructor L4
- CYQ certificate in Instructing Health Related Exercise for children L2
- City in Guilds PTTLS and Assessing L3
- Leisure Management NVQ L3
- Volunteer Walk Leader Certificate
- Shoulder & Back injury workshops
- Level 4 Cancer rehabilitation
- Level 4 Cancer rehabilitation
- Functional training Instructor
- Kettlebells Instructor L2
- Nutrition & Weight management advisor
- Mental Health Awareness & Behaviour change Course L2 Future Fit
- Escape Pain Course OA for hips and Knees
- Covid Awareness Course Future Fit
I have been a part of LED Comminute Leisure for 10 years in July 2021.
I started at Exmouth doing work experience when I was 16, from there I did my Lifeguard qualification and continued to progress through the fitness industry. Now I am the Fitness and Wellbeing Lead at Axminster Leisure Centre.
I love taking on new clients and helping them achieve their goals in fitness and wellbeing.
In my free time I ride my horses and compete in events at Bicton Arena.
- Level 2 Swimming Teacher
- Level 2 Gym Instructor
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Level 3 GP Referral Instructor
- Level 3 Diploma in Development, Coaching, Fitness
- Level 3 Nutrition and Weight Management
- Level 3 Education and Training
- Level 5 Nutritional Therapist
- Les Mills BodyPump
- Les Mills Instructor Coach
- Core Conditioning Instructor
- Studio Cycling Instructor
- Pilates Instructor
- Boxercise Instructor
- Adolescent Instructor
- First aid at work qualified
- Paediatric first aid
If you would like to speak to our team and have a chat about Personal Training please call the centre on 01297 35235!
This year I entered my fourth Race for Life and decided to walk the first part, then aim to run towards the finish of the 5K course. After the first few hundred yards my friend remarked that I seemed much fitter than in previous years. I explained that I have been helped by a personal trainer, Vladka Juroskova in Honiton for some time now and that her careful and thorough guidance had made a such great difference. Although I started from the back of the pack, we finished the course in just under 60 minutes, and by then not at the back!
So thank you, Vladka, all your efforts and patience are much appreciated. I am really looking forward to the next race in 2018!